Home World Trump Launches ‘Board of Peace,’ Pledges $10 Billion for Postwar Gaza Stabilisation
World - 2 hours ago

Trump Launches ‘Board of Peace,’ Pledges $10 Billion for Postwar Gaza Stabilisation

Washington, Feb 2026 : US President Donald Trump on Thursday unveiled a new global diplomatic platform titled the Board of Peace, positioning it as a high-level forum of world leaders aimed at securing lasting stability in Gaza and advancing broader peace efforts in the Middle East. Announcing a major financial commitment, Trump said the United States would contribute $10 billion towards postwar stabilisation, humanitarian relief, and reconstruction in Gaza.

The inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace was held at the U.S. Institute of Peace, with several global leaders and senior officials participating both in person and remotely. Trump described the initiative as an ambitious yet essential step toward achieving what he called “the hardest word to produce — peace.”

“This is a very simple idea, but an incredibly difficult mission,” Trump said while opening the session. “It’s called the Board of Peace, and it’s about delivering real, lasting peace — not just talking about it, but producing it.”

Joining Trump at the launch were Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, special envoy Steve Witkoff, and board member Jared Kushner. Trump said leaders from several countries were observing the proceedings virtually, underscoring what he described as the board’s global reach and prestige.

Calling it “the most prestigious board ever assembled,” Trump said the forum would work to ensure a “brighter future for the people of Gaza, the Middle East, and the world.” Representatives from more than 40 countries attended the meeting, including several heads of state. Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif was among the prominent participants, while India was represented by Deputy Indian Ambassador to the US Namgya Khampa.

In a series of assertive remarks, Trump declared that the conflict in Gaza had effectively ended. “The war in Gaza is over. It’s over,” he said, while cautioning that the next steps depended on Hamas. Trump stated that the group was expected to surrender its weapons, warning that failure to do so would invite severe consequences.

He also claimed that the ceasefire, which began in October last year, had held firm and that all remaining hostages had been returned. “Every last remaining hostage, both living and dead, has been brought home,” Trump said, adding that the final return had taken place the previous week.

Trump used the occasion to announce significant international financial commitments in support of Gaza’s recovery. He said countries including Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, and Kuwait had collectively pledged more than $7 billion toward relief and stabilisation efforts.

In addition, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs is raising $2 billion for humanitarian support in Gaza, while FIFA will contribute $75 million for development and reconstruction projects in the territory.

The largest single pledge, however, will come from Washington. “The United States is committing $10 billion to the Board of Peace,” Trump announced, describing the amount as modest when compared to the economic and human costs of prolonged warfare.

Beyond financial aid, Trump said several countries had agreed to deploy personnel to help preserve stability on the ground. Albania, Kosovo, and Kazakhstan will contribute troops and police forces, while Egypt and Jordan are providing training, personnel, and operational support to help establish what Trump described as a “very trustworthy Palestinian police force.”

In broader remarks, Trump credited his diplomatic team — including Rubio, Witkoff, and Kushner — with helping to defuse or end multiple international conflicts. He also referenced tensions between India and Pakistan, recounting how he had urged both sides to de-escalate during a recent crisis.

“Planes were being shot down,” Trump said, adding that he warned both countries he would halt trade negotiations and impose steep tariffs if hostilities continued. Emphasising the stakes, he noted that both nations are nuclear powers.

The latest phase of the Gaza conflict began after the Hamas-led attack on Israel on October 7, 2023, which killed around 1,200 people and resulted in more than 200 hostages being taken. Israel’s subsequent military campaign in Gaza led to the deaths of tens of thousands of Palestinians, according to Gaza health authorities, and triggered a severe humanitarian crisis.

With the launch of the Board of Peace, the Trump administration is now seeking to frame the post-conflict phase around international cooperation, reconstruction, and long-term stability, presenting the initiative as a defining step toward reshaping the region’s future.

(The content of this article is sourced from a news agency and has not been edited by the Mavericknews30 team.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Rajasthan to Ease Business and Living with Phased Regulatory Reforms

Jaipur, February 2026 : Under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhajanlal Sharma, the Rajas…