Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as US Intelligence Chief Amid Family Health Crisis

Washington, May 2026 : Tulsi Gabbard has resigned from her position as the United States Director of National Intelligence, reportedly citing serious health concerns involving her husband, according to media reports.
Gabbard is said to have informed US President Donald Trump about her decision during a meeting at the Oval Office on Friday. Reports indicate that her tenure will officially conclude on June 30.
According to reports, Gabbard stepped down to focus on her family as her husband battles a rare form of bone cancer. Sources close to the matter said she wants to devote her full attention to supporting him during the difficult phase of treatment and recovery.
In her resignation letter, Gabbard expressed gratitude to President Trump for the opportunity to serve in the role. She described it as an honour to lead the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and said her tenure focused on improving transparency and strengthening confidence in the intelligence system.
She also acknowledged that while several reforms and initiatives had been introduced during her leadership, more work remained to be done in modernising and reinforcing the credibility of intelligence operations.
Reflecting on her personal life, Gabbard spoke emotionally about her husband and their 11-year marriage. She said he had stood by her through every major chapter of her life, including political campaigns, military service and government responsibilities.
Gabbard stated that it was now her turn to support him as he undergoes treatment for a serious illness. She added that family support is especially important during such challenging times and said she wished to remain by his side throughout the battle.
Her resignation marks a significant development in the US administration, as Gabbard had been one of the prominent faces leading national intelligence operations under the Trump administration.
Team Maverick
(The content of this article is sourced from a news agency and has not been edited by the Mavericknews30 team.)
Former Prime Minister Of France To Contest 2027 Presidential Election.
Paris; May 2026: France’s Former Prime Minister Gabriel Attal said today (Friday – 22nd Ma…








