Home World Netanyahu Orders Intensified Strikes on Hezbollah as Israel Escalates Northern Offensive
World - 4 weeks ago

Netanyahu Orders Intensified Strikes on Hezbollah as Israel Escalates Northern Offensive

Jerusalem, April 2026 : Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has directed the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) to intensify military operations against Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, signalling a further escalation of tensions along Israel’s northern border.

According to Israel’s Government Press Office, Netanyahu reaffirmed his commitment to reshaping the Middle East’s strategic landscape, stating that ongoing military actions are part of a broader effort to achieve that goal. He emphasized that Israel is acting decisively to counter threats from Hezbollah, which he accused of attempting to undermine prospects for regional stability.

The Prime Minister also highlighted his recent conversation with U.S. President Donald Trump, describing it as “excellent” and noting that Washington is exerting significant economic and military pressure on Iran. Netanyahu said Israel and the United States are operating in close coordination, particularly in addressing shared security concerns linked to Iran’s regional influence.

Extending the focus to Lebanon, Netanyahu stated that a process aimed at achieving what he termed a “historic peace” between Israel and Lebanon has begun, but warned that Hezbollah is actively trying to derail such efforts. He reiterated that Israel would maintain full operational freedom to act against any threats, including emerging ones.

“We are determined to restore security to residents in the North,” Netanyahu said, confirming that Israeli forces had carried out strikes over the past two days targeting Hezbollah infrastructure.

Earlier in the day, the IDF reported a series of operations against Hezbollah positions in southern Lebanon. Among the key developments, Israeli forces said they had eliminated a militant involved in infiltrating Israeli territory during the October 7 attacks, a reference to one of the most serious security breaches in recent years.

The military also announced the discovery of a cache of anti-tank missiles belonging to Hezbollah, uncovered by troops from the 146th Division operating in southern Lebanon. In addition, the IDF carried out strikes on buildings allegedly used by Hezbollah, including facilities linked to its elite “Radwan Force,” as well as a warehouse storing combat equipment located south of the forward defence line.

In a separate incident, the Israeli Air Force intercepted a suspicious aerial object launched from Lebanon toward Israeli territory. Warning sirens had been activated in several northern areas before the interception, highlighting the continued volatility in the region.

Further strikes targeted Hezbollah launcher systems in multiple locations, including Dir al-Zahrani, Kafr Reman, and Al-Sa’miya, all situated north of Israel’s defensive perimeter.

The escalation underscores growing tensions between Israel and Hezbollah, with both sides engaged in increasingly frequent cross-border exchanges. While Israeli leadership has framed the operations as necessary for national security and deterrence, the situation raises concerns about the potential for a broader regional conflict if hostilities continue to intensify.

(The content of this article is sourced from a news agency and has not been edited by the Mavericknews30 team.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Coal Mine Gas Explosion in China’s Shanxi Province Kills 82, Rescue Ops Continue

Taiyuan, May 2026 : A devastating coal mine gas explosion in north China’s Shanxi Province…