Home World Trump Denies Decision on Ground Strikes in Venezuela Amid Rising Tensions
World - November 1, 2025

Trump Denies Decision on Ground Strikes in Venezuela Amid Rising Tensions

Washington, Nov 2025 : US President Donald Trump said on Friday that he has not yet decided whether to authorize ground strikes inside Venezuela, dismissing media reports that claimed military action was imminent.

When asked by reporters aboard Air Force One whether he had approved such strikes, Trump responded, “No, it’s not true,” firmly contradicting earlier reports by the Miami Herald. The outlet had reported that the administration was preparing to target Venezuelan military installations “within days or even hours.”

The report comes amid a sharp escalation in US military activity in the region. Since September 2, US forces have sunk 15 vessels in international waters in the Caribbean and eastern Pacific, alleging they were involved in drug trafficking. These operations have resulted in at least 61 deaths.

At a confidential briefing before a House panel on Thursday, Pentagon officials acknowledged that they did not know the identities of all individuals killed in the maritime strikes, according to Democratic lawmakers who attended. The lack of clarity has fueled growing concerns within Congress over the administration’s expanding military footprint in the region.

In recent weeks, the US has undertaken its largest military buildup in the Caribbean in three decades, further heightening tensions with Venezuela. Lawmakers in the Senate are expected to vote next week on an updated war powers resolution aimed at restricting the US military from engaging in “hostilities” against Venezuela. This comes less than a month after a similar resolution was rejected.

Democratic Senator Adam Schiff warned on October 17 that the administration appeared prepared to escalate beyond maritime operations. “The Trump administration has made it clear they may launch military action inside Venezuela’s borders and won’t stop at boat strikes in the Caribbean,” he said.

Meanwhile, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro has repeatedly accused Washington of attempting to topple his government and expand US influence in Latin America. Earlier this month, Colombian President Gustavo Petro condemned the US for what he labeled “murder,” criticizing the killing of alleged drug traffickers at sea.

The situation continues to raise international alarm, with questions mounting in Washington over both strategy and legality as regional tensions deepen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

South Korean Bithumb’s $44 Billion Blunder Lands Entire Digital Asset Ecosystem In The Hot Seat.

Seoul; February 2026: The erroneous transfer of Bitcoins worth 64 trillion won ($44 billio…